A Himalayan natural beautiful country with world tallest Mt Sagarmatha (Mt Everest), the birthplace of Lord Buddha and brave Gurkhas. It is located mainly in the Himalayas but also includes parts of the Indo-Gangetic Plain. With an estimated population of 30 million, it is 48th largest country by population and 93rd largest country by area.
Difference between Courier & Cargo
Courier is suited for sending letters, documents, and small parcels. It offers
the advantage of speed, security, tracking, signature and specialization over ordinary mail services. However, due to this, they tend to be more expensive than ordinary mail services. for express courier ie. DHL / TNT / FedEx/UPS, visit http://www.himalcourier.com/courier-nepal
Cargo is cheaper but slower and mainly refers to a large consignment of goods or products. Most of our air cargo freight fly from all the major airport in the UK to Kathmandu Airport. We can arrange to pick up your goods from anywhere in London. However, a collection charge may apply. We have our own office in Kathmandu as well.
Please have a look at the different cargo or shipping options to Nepal
Option A: Daily Courier to Nepal Via DHL / TNT
Option B: Monthly Cargo to Nepal (Kathmandu & Pokhara)
Option C: Weekly Cargo to Nepal (Kathmandu)
Option A: Daily Courier to Nepal Via DHL / TNT
if you want to send documents, letters and small gift or parcels then this option A is best for you. Please visit http://www.himalcourier.com/courier-nepal
Option B: Monthly Cargo to Nepal (Kathmandu & Pokhara)
Best for 5kg to 20 KG and for Pokhara clients
1. Per kg: £5, Minimum required: 5 KG
2. Handling Charge: £15
3. Collection: Drop in our warehouse in West London or send via local Courier like DPD, UPS, or Royal Mail. or Drop in our office in Woolwich and pay a delivery charge to send warehouse.
4. Final Wight & Box size: The volumetric or dimensional weight is calculated and compared with the actual weight of the shipment. The higher weight is used to calculate the shipment cost.
5. Packing Box: your responsibility or you can buy with us (£5 per box)
6. Custom and local duties: Nothing to pay
7. Pick up in Nepal: For Kathmandu at Custom Area ( Tinkune, Koteshwor) & for Pokhara city, its door delivery.
8. Duration: Normally we send monthly but sometimes every 2 weeks.
9. What you can send: Cloths and shoes.
Option C: Weekly Cargo to Nepal (Kathmandu)
A. Minimum required: 20 KG
B. Per kG £2.15
C. Handling: £40
||Rate Per KG
D. Nepal Office Collect Charge: Meantime its £25/- or equal Nepali rupees, it’s nothing relating to customs clearance. (For Plumstead –
Woolwich – Charlton Customers: £10 if you send via Monthly Cargo which we send every last Tuesday of each month)
For Custom: Please see below term and condition
D. Areas of Free Collection and Collection Charge Area
Areas of Free Collection:
Meantime, we are offering free of charge collection for Plumstead, Woolwich, Charlton, West Ham, Stratford, Ilford, one mile from North Circular Road 406 and A12:, Wembley , Alperton, Harrow, Southall Hanwell, Uxbridge , Hayes, Slough SL1 and SL2, Uxbridge, West Drayton, Hillingdon, Harlington, Heston and Aldershot Town only.
Areas of Collection Charge :
If your area is not listed on free collection area as above then there is a collection charge. For examples: All N postcodes or more than one mile from 406, A12 and so on….
E. To develop confidence with us, have a look at our few client lists.
- UNICEF – Nepal: From UK to Nepal. ( Staff’s stuff)
- Book Aid International: From UK to Nepal ( charity books)
- Idea Action – Nepal – ( Charity cloths)
- Himal Holiday – UK – (travels’ stuff)
- Touch The Himalaya Treks & Expedition – (Trekkings’ stuff)
- Countless other Clients since 2012.
F. Now, have a look, What you can send?
- Flat TV/ Excess Baggage /Personal Effect/ House stuff
- Trekking/travels’ stuff
- Aid Stuffs/ INGO / UN mission’s Stuff
- Students Stuffs
G. What we can’t send?
Mobile, batteries, Perfume, Gold, Money, Milk Powder & so on.. for a full list please have a look below T & C.
H. What about shipment tracking?
Yes, you can. It’s fully trackable.
I. Before you decide, Please have a look Cargo Term & Conditions.
- Sending more than 1 TV: As per custom Rules in Nepal everyone allowed importing only one TV at a time as a Gift or in Personal Effects Shipment, if you have more than one TV than you need to send in other person name and this will be treated as separate shipment, all cargo and handling charges you need to pay separately. For the rest of the world please check customs rules.
- Fragile Items: Although we take care of fragile items at our level best to deliver at destination in safe and secure condition, but these are booked entirely on shipper’s risk and they are responsible to make fragile packing for their fragile items/goods at their own cost as no airline or Courier Company take responsibilities for fragile items. This is shipper’s responsibility to make a Fragile Packing and it must be marked as fragile to avoid any damage to their items. If you cannot do then you should contact professional packers.
- Packing Instructions: It’s your responsibility to make secure and strong packing for all of your goods. It can be suitcases or travel bags but it must be locked, or cardboard boxes securely covered with tape. Please don’t use any kind of laundry or Jaffa bags as these are not acceptable by the airline. In case of use, these must be covered with shrink wrap. During the wet and rainy season, we advise to Shrink Wrap or cover with cling film whole of your shipment. As airlines don’t accept wet cargo and will not take any responsibility for the damage. We will charge you a minimum £10 per box or bag if it’s not as above.
- Volume weight and Volume Reduction:
The volumetric weight of a shipment is a calculation that reflects the density of a package. A less dense item generally occupies more volume of space, in comparison to its actual weight. The volumetric or dimensional weight is calculated and compared with the actual weight of the shipment to ascertain which is greater; the higher weight is used to calculate the shipment cost. The formula for calculating volumetric weight is length x width x height (cm) / 6000
Volume weight, if a box has a limit of 30 kg and you put only 10-12kg in that box than the airline will charge 30kg, not 10-12kg. While sending duvets, pillows, soft toys & so on which take more space than the actual weight. The best way to reduce volume weight of your shipment is to buy vacuum bags, put everything which is not fragile as duvet and pillows etc. in bag suck whole air with a vacuum cleaner and seal it after that pack it in box or suitcases. Please do not try this procedure on Fragile, sentiments or Extra value items.
- Destination contact details must be provided at the time of booking, whilst we may not accept any booking without a destination phone number, all claims and/or complaints about delay or storage charges incurred will not be entertained. Mobile phone numbers are not classed as an acceptable form of the destination phone number.
- Customs clearance: All airport handling and customs duties need to pay at the airport directly or through your agent. All receiving persons (Consignee) need to arrange their own agents for customs clearance as our destination staff will not involve in this procedure. And we don’t take any responsibility for any illegal activities during customs clearance at destination done by the receiver or your agent. Personal Effects are the shipment, in what the passenger is travelling him/her to the destination or receiver at destination have travelled from the UK in the last Maximum of 20 days before. In that case, he or she can get a discount on customs duties; the charges are just for guideline only. Maybe, Customs Duties on Dutiable Items will face duties if you book commercial quantity items as personal Effects Shipment. Also, you may need to pay agent fee if you hire any for customs clearance of your shipment.
Only for the guideline, it might be less or more. All following charges of none dutiable items may apply in Nepal. Minimum Ground Handling and custom clearance charges apart from duties at Kathmandu airport.
Up to 50kg – NPR. 5000-7000
60kg to 100kg – NPR. 8,000-12,000
110kg to 200kg – NPR. 13000-18,000
- Normally, Personal effects shipments are duty-free in many countries but you need to pay Ground Handling charges. For many countries, to release personal effects shipments you don’t need to hire an agent as you can do yourself declaration. However, for all gift items, commercial or any other type of shipments, your consignee needs to hire an agent, which you can find on the website by typing ‘custom broker at’ and type your destination airport name or there are many customs brokers office are available at all airports. Your consignee can make a deal with any of them. For example: For Nepal custom clearance visit: http://www.custom.gov.np/ne , http://www.himalcourier.com/customs_duties_nepal
- Identify your shipment: All of your shipment is being marked with airway bill or consignment number so it’s custom warehouse staff’s duty at the destination to identify your shipment. So, it’s not the responsibility of our destination staff or any customs broker or agent around the world.
- Delay in Arrival: Airlines will not give any compensation in case of delays in arrival at the destination even if this is booked in some circumstances, like in case of any act of GOD(Nature) or as following reasons. As all cargo is being booked with passenger aircraft so there are some priorities in cargo categories, all airlines have first priority for passenger baggage, then Diplomat mail and Human Remains perishable goods and at last, there is dry cargo. In the case of busy periods if the space for dry cargo is not available they will move to next available flights.
- Claim and Insurance: All good are insured according to IATA rules and regulations, If you have any high-value items, please arrange goods in transit insurance yourself via online. In case of damage or lost items, this is the responsibility of receiving person/party to obtain damage or lost report before leaving the customs warehouse as without this report no claim can be a file with the airline and with this report receiving person/party need to make claim directly with relevant airlines at the destination. Please note that a valuation form needs to be completed and payment made to take out standard liability cover according to IATA rules and regulations. We are also unable to offer any Standard Liability Cover on TV’s and any other Fragile items as these are entirely on shipper’s risk as now airlines take responsibility for Fragile items. So to protect fragile items needs to be created or professionally packed by the shipper. If you have declined Standard Liability protection for your shipment, our liability in case of loss or damage is limited as per our Terms and Conditions.
- Dispose of Goods :
We reserve the right to dispose of goods if storage or invoice charges have not been settled before the departure of your shipments.
- Changes: if you want to change the receiver name and any others details after shipment picked up then CCA fee is GBP 70.00 for all kind of amendments with Turkish Airline.
J. Prohibited items you need to avoid (Dangerous Goods)
Here is some further explanation of Dangerous goods is not allowed without declaration to complete the DGR procedure, so you need to be careful before handover your shipment to us:
- Fireworks & Flares, Aerosols (Perfumes, Room Spray, Hair Spray, Deodorant, Air Freshener, Aftershave, Nail Polish, Nail Polish Remover, etc.),Compressed Gas Cylinders, Aqualungs, Matches, Fire Lighters, Bleach, Money, Items of Exceptional Value, Negotiable Items, Prepaid Cards, Jewellery& Watches, Works of Art, Antiques, Precious Stones, Peroxides, Explosives, Gases, Flammable, Non- flammable, non-toxic, Toxic, gases, Flammable liquids / Solids, Substances liable to spontaneous, Combustion; Substance which, in contact with water, Emit Flammable gases, Oxidizing Substances and Organic Peroxides, Toxic and Infectious Substances, Radioactive Material, Corrosives, Miscellaneous Dangerous Substances and Articles, Including Environmentally Hazardous Substances, Oxidizing Substances & Organic Peroxide, Ammunition, Firearms, Animal Products, Animal Skins (non-domesticated), Furs, Ivory & Live Animals, Perishable Goods, Plants & Seeds, foodstuffs.
- Lighter/Heater Fuels, Paint, Thinners, Spirit Levels, Alcoholic Beverages are not permitted to the USA & restricted to many other countries.
- Tobacco & Tobacco Products, Pornographic Material, Toxic & Infectious Substances, Corrosives
- Miscellaneous Dangerous Goods, Insecticides, Weed Killers Wet Cell Batteries, Acids &Alkalise, Apparatus containing Mercury(thermometers), Lithium Batteries, Self Inflating life jackets, Dry Ice, Magnetized Materials XSBAG0002-REV1 AIRFREIGHT – HAZARDOUS GOODS NOT PERMIT TED AIRFREIGHT – RESTRICTED GOODS The customer hereby declares that their consignment contains no “Hazardous” or “Restricted” goods as described in this section. Where such not permitted or restricted items are found, Excess Baggage or freight forwarding Company reserves the right to remove these items and dispose of them accordingly without reference to the customer. In such circumstances the customer will not be liable for any compensation, nor will Excess Baggage or freight forwarding Company be under any obligation to return or forward such items or give any notice that such items have been removed. * Restricted items cannot be transported as personal effects to most countries by road, air or sea. The customer is advised to check with Customs in the country of destination whether such goods are permitted or not. Where charges are incurred for the removal of Non-Permitted or Restricted goods by an airline, handling agent, consolidator etc., and these charges will be passed on to you together with an administration fee and the shipment will be delayed until such charges are paid.
- Any shipment containing undeclared dangerous goods (e.g. personal effects found to contain aerosols, perfume, gas lighters, bleach or any other Hazardous goods etc.) will attract a fine of £100-£500 to resolve and remove these items or More as per decided by CAA if they involve.
- Lithium Batteries contains items (Laptop, mobile, iPod or any other devices contain Lithium Batteries) are strictly not allow and you will face heavy penalties for this if you pack in your shipment and these found during a security check and scanning at the airport.
- Printer’s Ink and Toner Cartridges:
Printers without Ink and toner cartridges are allowed via cargo. So if you want to send printers then you have to remove any kind of Ink or Toner cartridges from your printers.
- Any kind of Fuel operated items even these are fully empty from fuel even these are minor like kids Toys are not allowed to send without proper DGR declaration.
K. Finally, do you have any more questions? if yes, let you know, we are just one call far away from you. if not please fill the form so that someone will assist you for further process.
What about other countries?
We offer very cheap Cargo services to European Countries including Portugal, India, China, USA, Canada, Australia, Bangladesh, Pakistan, the UAE, Qatar and the rest of the world. Please have a look http://www.himalcourier.com/worldwide-cargo/ or contact us.
Please visit below link
Sample as below